Life over the past few days has not been that bad. I have made good advances as far as my mental make-up is concerned. Got myself a new mobile. The previous one had been repaired way too many times, and I saw no logic in wasting more money on a deceased product.
15 days left to go for Manipal. I am satisfied with what I have done in this vacation even though you may not see anything great in it. Here are a few things I did.
- Wrote Stories. Yes, in my one year at Manipal I hardly wrote any real fiction. So 7 stories in 45 days is not a bad deal at all.
- One of my posts was mentioned by Mr. Chetan Bhagat himself. Now, I don’t think that post was really good to have deserved that much of attention. But, then life is funny. And even though, I am not very proud of the manner in which I got my 15 minutes of Fame, it still makes me happy that through my blog I made my presence felt on so many people online.
- Read books. I am very slow with reading books, but this summer every night I was either writing or reading.
- I even interned in a company which was involved with the fashion world. It was a hugely enriching experience in the sense that I came to know about how hard life in this industry is. For everyone.
- Passed 1st year. Yes, I passed. So What? You are saying. Everyone Passes. Well, all I have to say to you is I am not a part of everyone. I find difficulty in doing such ridiculously easy things like Passing Exams. (No, I am not dyslexic. Just my handwriting makes me look like I am.)
- No Alcohol since May 24th. I am not missing it either. 🙂
- As for this blog, I celebrated 10,000 hits in this vacation. In a few days, I am sure I will celebrate 20,000. So yeah. That’s like totally great!
Anyways, that’s it for now. I am looking forward to going back to Manipal. That place grows on you so very quickly.
Until Next time, this is Sameer Jha for Narratively Yours signing off from Navi Mumbai.