As the followers of cricket will know, two new teams will come in next year’s IPL. And, also the contract of three years for several players will expire. So, it is likely that we are going to see fresh faces in every franchise.
As far as I am bothered, I lost peaceful sleep for at least a week. Not only because Mumbai Indians lost, but horror of horrors Chennai Superkings won. I don’t think they deserved it.
Anyways, what’s the use of rubbing salt over wound. So, here’s my team for the next edition. I am not taking all the star players and running out of budget.
The 10 Indian players:
1. Sachin Tendulkar (He is the Icon player. So has to stay.)
2. Harbhajan Singh (Feared bowler and more than a handy bat.)
3. Ashok Dinda (I think he’ll come cheap, and can be a good reserve bowler.)
4. Ashish Nehra (He was with us in the first season, and we’ll want him back, please.)
5. Robin Uthappa (Same story as Nehra. With us the first season, and gone the next season. But, I don’t think RCB will let him off.)
6. Ambati Rayudu (Fierce competitor. Wicketkeeper batsman. Somewhat dependable when chips are down. Overall, we love this guy.)
7. Mithun Manhas (Will come super cheap, and also he didn’t do too badly for DD this season, in whatever games he played. Plus, the whole team should not look too good.)
8. Irfan Pathan (Even though, we think his bowling can go for runs, and was responsible for Chennai Super Kings even getting to the finals, he can be quitea handy bat and can eat up a few overs if used intelligently.)
9. Cheteshwar Pujara (Good reserve batsman. Will perform if given a chance and under no pressure.)
10. Abhishek Nayar (He’s been with us from Season one, and performed very well. CAn hit them big, and bowled well once when all the other bowlers were going for runs. And has hit 4 sixes off an Andrew Flintoff over.)
11. Ali Murtaza (Good reserve for Bhajji. Ojha, Mishra, and the likes will not come cheap, so then.)
Now, to the foreign players:
1. Graeme Swann (I don’t think he’ll be expensive, and definitely a very good spinner, and a handy bat. Could be the deputy captain too.)
2. Lasith Malinga (He looks menacing, and bowls them great, 8 runs in an over is bad for him, so we would want him with us. Again. Could be expensive though.)
3. Ryan Ten Doeschate (This guy is going to be a steal. He scored a 98, and a 100 and 48* back to back for his club, Essex in England’s domestic T20, and even scored a 91 for netherlands in between those three innings. Can bowl 4 overs too.)
4. Kieron Pollard (Not always value for money, but everyone knows what he can do. If we got him once, we can get him again.)
5. Mohammed Aamer (Malinga replacement. And is also no dookie with the bat. Should come cheap even if Pakistan are allowed to play.)
6. Eoin Morgan (Was with RCB this season, but didn’t get to play many matches because of Pieterson, and Taylor and all. Very dependable batsman in the middle order.)
7. Umer Akmal (Again, if Pakistan are allowed to play, then I’d like to see him on the bench.)
Anyways, that’s it. I know all players will not be included, and we’ll get some major weaklinks like Balaji and all. Also, I have not included Zaheer Khan because he fixed the match against CSK.